Outreach and Service
Turlock Christian students learn the importance of servant leadership through a variety of programs and activities within the curriculum, as well as through specialized programs such as FFA, 4H, Leadership Ambassadors, ASB, Adopt a Leader, Adopt a Pastor/Church, and the service/outreach program that every junior high and high school student participates in.
TCS students are taught to live out the word of God by participating in and leading missions and community service projects. This is accomplished at all grade levels through classroom teaching, chapel service messages, and opportunities to serve. The following highlight some of the ways our students have reached out to their local community and the world. Our students have ministered and served with:
- Students International, overseas missions
- international mission trips
- Operation Christmas Child - Samaritan’s Purse
- Westside Ministries.
- Salvation Army
- Jessica’s House
- Ronald McDonald House
- Feed My Hungry Children
- Invisible Girl
- Royal Servants
- We Care
- local children’s hospitals
- local retirement centers
- letters to servicemen and women serving abroad
- South Korean outreach to international students
- 9/11 family support
- canned food drive
- clothing drive for the homeless
- adopt a pastor/church
- adopt a community leader
- ministry opportunities with Monte Vista Chapel, Crossroads Church, Calvary Baptist Church, Free Methodist Church, and New Life Christian Center.
Community Service hours are required in order to graduate from Turlock Christian School to help instill a servant's heart in every student. These hours are accumulated throughout a student’s high school career and tracked through the school office.